Pages

Monday, September 26, 2016

Saved by Grace, Not works

We have been chosen by God’s grace, not based on works. Not by works so that no one can boast. All glory and honor belong to God because this is a gift from Him to us, not because no one deserves it.

What means living by grace? means that Jesus died for us when we were yet sinners, and now we live in this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand firm. In other words, Jesus chose us to himself by dying on the cross for our sins so we can be saved by His Grace. Paul wrote in his letter to the Galatians church and  Galatians 1: 11-16
11 Dear brothers and sisters, I want you to understand that the gospel message I preach is not based on mere human reasoning. 12 I received my message from no human source, and no one taught me. Instead, I received it by direct revelation from Jesus Christ.
13 You know what I was like when I followed the Jewish religion—how I violently persecuted God’s church. I did my best to destroy it. 14 I was far ahead of my fellow Jews in my zeal for the traditions of my ancestors.
15 But even before I was born, God chose me and called me by his marvelous grace. Then it pleased him 16 to reveal his Son to me so that I would proclaim the Good News about Jesus to the Gentiles.
Here we see the Apostle Paul, who was chosen by God to write almost all the new testament which is the foundation of Christian faith, revealing what he was doing before God called him, he wanted us  to really understand that he was chosen by God not by works, because as he explained persecuted Christians to kill them, but God in his grace call him and  chose him from his mother's womb to preach the good news of Christ, which is the forgiveness of our sins by grace and not by works.
Paul continued saying God chose me and called me by His marvelous grace. Then it pleased him to reveal his Son to me so that I would proclaim the Good News about Jesus to the Gentiles. We have been called, chosen made Holy, pure and faultless by the blood of Jesus, not by our works. And He has revealed His Son in His amazing grace so that we go and announce the new good this World.


Sometimes we can get confused, and this is the most important fact of the Christian faith, that we’ve been made new creatures by His marvelous grace.
"we are chosen by grace, not by works." None of us deserve God’s grace, but by faith in Jesus Christ, we receive as a free gift. The fact that God sent his son into the world to die for you and me and rescue was from this lost world, that is the truth and the basis of faith.
There are individuals trying to pervert the gospel of Christ, saying that we have to follow rules for us to be saved. This is a problem that has happened since the beginning of the gospel among the Jews and Gentiles and even today continues to happen, and we see how the apostle Paul is directed to the church saying:  hey sneaked in to spy on us and take away the freedom we have in Christ Jesus But we refused to give in to them for a single moment. We wanted to preserve the truth of the gospel message for you.


This famous letter to the church in Galatia says: Jesus Christ gave his life for our sins to rescue from this evil world, according to the will of our God and Father, to whom be the glory forever and ever. The  Scripture says that God chose us before our birth. His will is that we receive the message of grace through faith in Jesus Christ, to preach the gospel of the Faith and that because of the fruit of His grace in our lives others can receive the message and glorify God.

Instead of following laws and rules, our mission should be to become perfect in Christ being led by His Holy Spirit at all times. And let it's fruiting be our greatest testimony, that is not longer us that live but Christ that lives in us. Your goal should be to become more like Christ every day, so when others see you changed, they praise God because of you.

Continue reading more about My Identity in Christ
Sign up FOR FREE to this Blog at the top left corner of this page and follow us on Facebook @livingbygrace1

No comments:

Post a Comment