Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Be Thankful In All Circumstances

The Scripture says in 1 Thessalonians 5:18 In everything give Thanks. I recall one situation that I was waiting for a hotel to give me a refund more than two months already. They were telling me all the time call next week. In my last call, I Let them have it.

Then I was complaining to the Lord how frustrating all this process was. However accepted my fault of making the decision of reserving a room in this hotel without praying and asking the Lord first. I rushed into it and the result was a very unpleasant situationThat day I was at home, on my way to the kitchen saw a note I had in my refrigerator with 1 thessalonians 5:18. This verse we really need to have it in a place where we can see it all the time, because it's so easy to become frustrated and start complaining about our situation. here is the fact: When we complain the Lord doesn’t listen to us, it's very different when we pray and thanks the Lord first, not because of the situation but because He listen, He is with us and is working on our behalf.

After reading the verse, I stopped complaining and prayed: God sorry for complaining, thank you because you are already working on my behalf to resolve this for me and you have promised me to fight my battles, Please fill me with your Joy and Peace. In Jesus name, amen.

It is very easy to let frustration blind us, and forget that the Lord expect us to have a thankful attitude knowing that He is with us and He is in control. We can find all through the Psalms good encouragement how to give thanks to God in the midst of difficulty.  Also the Apostle Paul when was in jail in the book of Philippians, he said: Rejoice always, In everything give thanks, and pray for everything.

Notice He says IN everything, means In any situation that you are in give thanks, Worship and Praise Him. It’s a sacrifice to thank  and praise God in  difficult times, so don’t wait to “feel like it” because you won’t but  it brings honor to the Lord. See it this way: The sacrifice of praise and Thanks is the Key to unlock the power of miracles in your life. Pray FOR everything and do not worry about ANYTHING. Note that being anxious about nothing, that happens when we surrender everything that we don’t understand to the Lord and everything that we cannot change.

Here is the verse in more detail: Philippians 4:7
IN everything give Thanks
Pray FOR everything
Do not worry or be anxious about anything

No comments:

Post a Comment