Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

My Identity In Christ


God wants us to know who we are and to know Him. Knowing God’s character will help us to discover more about ourselves, after all we are made in His image and likeness.

The main purpose of our life on this planet is to honor and serve the Lord. The personality that God has given us will never change, It’s been created by God according to the plan and purpose He has for my life. He intentionally made us the way we are, and it’s pleasing  to Him when we accept the way he has created us and the personality that has given us, because they are the tools that will help me achieve His purpose for me in this planet .


I honor God by  accepting and loving Myself. This is extremely important that we make the decision everyday to see ourselves as valuable and precious, because that is the identity we have in Jesus. God commands us to love ourselves and this is very important for a successful life. The way you see yourself, will be what you project to others.


A very important thing to remember is that our identity is not determined by what we do or what we think about ourselves or how much money I have in my bank account. None of that determines my value, nor the circumstances determine my worth, you never lose your value as a person because it has been set by Jesus on the cross. So if you feel low self - esteem is based on the wrong beliefs that you had about yourself, the good news is that we can change the way we think about ourselves and our behavior.


When we become a new person in Christ , all your sins have been erased and God give us a new beginning, a fresh start. He has made ​​a "covenant" with Jesus, to see us valuable, precious, holy, justified, without guilt and shame washed and made new in His blood, and this is our true identity and should be the way we think about ourselves,  what God says in his word.


Here  I leave these verses about our identity in Jesus:
I am holy and blameless before him in love. (1 Peter 1:16; Ephesians 1: 4)
I have the mind of Christ. (Philippians 2: 5; 1 Corinthians 2:16)
I have the peace of God that surpasses all understanding. (Philippians 4: 7)
You created my inmost being; me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made! Your works are wonderful, and this is great! (Psalm 139: 13-14)
For we are God's masterpiece, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we put into practice. (Ephesians 2:10)
I have the "Big" living in me; because greater is he that is in me than he who is in the world. (1 John 4: 4)
I received the gift of righteousness and reign in life through Jesus Christ as a king. (Romans 5:17)
I have received the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of my understanding. (Ephesians 1: 17-18)
I received the power of the Holy Spirit to lay hands on the sick and heal them, to cast out demons, and speaking in tongues. I have power over the enemy and nothing will harm me. (Mark 16: 17-18; Luke 10:17, 19)
I have put off the old man and have been put on the new man , which after the image of that created me is being renewed in knowledge. (Colossians 3: 9-10)

Subscribe to the Blog to  receive new content and follow us on Facebook! @livingbygrace1

No comments:

Post a Comment